Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weigh in Week 2

Starting Weight - 184
Week 1 - 179.7
Today - 176.8

Woohoo! I am not convinced this is a healthy weight loss, but I imagine that such a dramatic change in diet and activity level makes it legit. I hope I can maintain my consistency.

The flu or whatever it is has made its rounds through the family. Jared stayed home Wed - Fri of last week and Aaron got sent home Monday. He was fever free this morning so I am crossing my fingers he'll be back in school tomorrow. We have had all kinds of fun in the kitchen, but I am missing my mornings on the treadmill. I haven't decided if it is my addiction to the computer or the alone time I need. A little of both, I am sure.

I have not been quite as vigilant about my food intake in that I am not measuring everything nor actively seeking the best food. After my meals last week with lots of squash, kale, and spinach I discovered that though a great diet high in iron, it makes my guts happy and want everyone to know it. Stink! I know I can not maintain such extreme vigilance long-term so it is probably good that I work on some balance.

I do love that kale - butternut squash quesadilla though so I have been trying to tweak so it won't cost 600 calories. Yesterday I made put the kale & squash together like I would for the quesadilla but then mixed it with rice, cilantro and cinnamon. Really enjoyed it but wasn't filling :/

I need my treadmill program so I can do some major calorie burning! or Just Dance on the Wii. I had a free redbox game rental last week. Sadly the day after I checked it out I was sick in bed. I kept it one more day so I could have a chance to play. I was on it for almost 2 hours and would have kept going but it needed turned in. I think I would play it if I actually owned it unlike the DDR. Either way, I've got to move it, move it!

No comments:

Post a Comment