There is a Dunkin Donuts the boys pass every day to and from school. For weeks Aaron has said that his after-school bus driver was going to take them to DD one day. We all know that isn't going to happen and even Aaron knows now too. Today he requested DD once again so I decided to try and make some instead.
Growing up we fried the canned biscuits to make donuts. I don't have any on hand and I really don't feel like having a huge pot of oil sitting around for one whimsical experiment. But as I searched for recipes I discovered baked donuts. I debated between Baked Vanilla Donuts and Triple Chocolate Whole Grain Baked donuts. I gave Aaron the choice and of course he wanted chocolate! (He is related to his gma for sure!) I decided the recipes were similar enough that I used the vanilla recipe but added 3 TB of cocoa powder to the mix and 2 TB of mint & dark chocolate chips. I don't have a donut pan so just spooned them into a muffin pan using an ice cream scoop. It made 8 'donuts' - 4 with mint & chips and 4 just batter. I don't think I will frost them. They smell delicious!
| Aaron waiting for donuts to cool |
| Aaron approved!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment