Monday, March 15, 2010

Lettuce Eat Cake - Final Results

March 14, 2010

Official Weigh in - 167.1! I thought for sure I'd be more because I weighed in on Friday when I saw the contest was over and was 167.4. Then I weighed myself for my SIL's BL contest and went back up to 168.2. I chalked it up to water retention. Then I took a day off yesterday from WW's and ate horribly!! OH man I felt so yucky by the end. It's a miracle that I lost any weight for today's weigh in.

So official weight loss for this contest is 10.3 pounds. I knew I would not reach my ultimate goal of 150 pounds, but I did make it to my last lowest weight, and that is something I am proud of. I can fit into size 12 jeans (depending on the cut), I have exercised 5 days a week, and I am eating healthier.

****************
Saturday was one of those throw caution to the wind days because there were so many unhealthy options that I just went with it. We attended a baseball themed birthday party (complete with hot dogs and nachos) and a drive-in movie Primary activity (complete with concession stand goodies like cotton candy, peanut M&Ms, popcorn, licorice and pretzels). I ate it all!! Plus pizza for dinner. I enjoyed it at first, but by the end of it I was feeling so icky.

Then today I was with family celebrating my niece's first birthday. Cake, brownie, and ice cream all made their way into my system and now I'm paying for it again. I have learned something from this experience though: it isn't worth it in the end!! My body knows the difference.

Last night I received the pleasant surprise of 'hand-me down' clothes from a friend. It's weird to look in the mirror and see a thinner version of myself. There was a range of jean sizes in the pile, and by the end I decided size is relative. The cut of the jeans is what matters. I put on a size 12 in one cut and brand and looked awesome, then tried on a size 16 that was totally not awesome. There was even a size 10 that I could squeeze into - wouldn't wear them in public yet, but they 'fit'.

In my excitement about the size 12 jeans, I went and shared with Matthew. I realized that I have not been in a size 12 since I graduated high school. At that point in time I was 150 pounds. If 15 years ago 150 pounds = size 12 and today 167 pounds = size 12/14, my guess is that clothes sizes have altered a bit to the larger side. In high school my goal was to be a size 9/10. With today's clothes sizing, maybe I'll finally reach my goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment