I decided to put Aaron in underwear today with a plastic cover just to see what happens. I'd planned/thought about really focusing on potty training this week since I don't have the distraction of piano lessons in the afternoon, but here it is Wed already and this is the first time I've really done anything pro-active. So far (at 2pm) we have gone potty twice and been dry since getting dressed. Yay!
We did have a minor problem with this last potty trip. Aaron was at the table eating, but got down and told me he was tired. So, I told him let's go potty and then he could go to sleep. He didn't want to, but he was fine once we were in the bathroom although he didn't want to sit and go. He told me he wanted to go finish eating, so I let him leave the bathroom without any pants. I figured he's the type of kid that would run to the bathroom once he felt the urge. I was kind of right. He was playing and then gasped, stood up and grabbed his tooshy. I knew then he needed to go poop. I should have taken him right then to the bathroom instead of just telling him to go. He hung around a little bit longer and then wandered down the hall. Again, I should have followed him but I did go and check on him. He was in the blue room with a slightly shocked look on his face. There at his feet was an 'oops'. I took him to the bathroom before he'd have a chance to pee too. I left him to do his business and cleaned up the other incident. HE did go potty in the toilet at least. We talked about making sure his poop goes in the potty too because that's gross. He said, 'ok' But we'll see what happens.
I've been giving him stickers and a piece of candy for each time he goes potty - both things he loves.
******
9:30 pm update
Aaron was ready to go to sleep by 6:30 pm. I took him potty before dinner and he was dry again and went in the potty. yay! He asked for a diaper though so he could go to bed. He went to sleep, and I put a diaper on him. I was hoping he'd be down for the night but no such luck. I haven't had a chance to check his diaper condition though and my guess is that if he was dry through his nap, he went soon after waking up. He's eating at this point, so he's really likely to have a wet diaper.
Overall I think this was a pretty successful day. It's unfortunate that we'll be out and about tomorrow for a birthday party. The odds of getting him to go potty are slim, though I wonder if they'd be better if he were in underwear. Hmm, do I take a chance? I'll think about it.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment