Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Due to a lot of circumstances, there was no group P90X today. In fact, it was all quiet in our household when my alarm went off at 6:45 because there'd be no hussle and bussle to get Jared off to school either. He was sent home with a low grade fever yesterday, but it was nowhere to be found thereafter. Still, there's a 24 hour fever-free policy, so he stayed home and I reveled in it!! It was a beautiful morning and I actually felt awake and energetic.

After eating my now usual breakfast of oatmeal, I hopped on the treadmill and did the 4 mph/20 minute program. It's the first time in a long time that I've attempted it. Two years ago when I was doing WW, I did this program three days a week and got to the point where I was going 5 mph, and I think I even attempted the 6mph once. But when I started, it was torture at 4 mph. When the treadmill went to 4mph, I'd have to run to keep up with the speed and talk myself through each minute to keep going (6 minutes total running). On my birthday that year, my mom made me an absolutely delicious carrot cake but I felt so icky after eating it that I wanted to run it off. That was the beginning of the end of my WW diet at the time. Six months after I'd stopped WW and my routine, I tried the workout and felt like I was back at square one. It was amazing to me how quickly muscles atrophy when they're not maintained.

In the last few weeks there was another day when we didn't meet for P90X so I'd gotten on the treadmill, but I was too chicken to try the 4mph program. For whatever reason, today I felt empowered to do it. And I did! Easily!! I did break a sweat but it wasn't exhausting. My legs felt good. So good that I didn't want to sit at the computer even though there were things I wanted to do on it because I wanted to be up and moving. So, I went out and mowed the back yard (good workout for my arms). Side note about that experience... I 'knew' the gas can was empty because I saw it sitting there with the lid off, so I ran the mower until it died. Unfortunately there's a strip down the middle that still needs chopped, but by the time it died Aaron was awake and felt abandoned and needed rescued so it all worked out. This afternoon I filled the gas can up and put the lawnmower away and discovered the larger gas can sitting on a shelf. Full. ha!! Oh well.

On the food front, I've had the box for my Fiber One yogurt sitting on the cabinet waiting to go to recycling. For some reason I decided to look at the ingredients today and was sorely disappointed to discover aspartame in it :( I have one yogurt left and I won't be buying anymore. While at the store today I checked out several of the 'healthy' yogurt labels and found it pretty consistently. grrr. How can it be healthy when it has yucky dangerous chemicals in it?! Very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment