Friday, February 26, 2010

Reckoning Day

Feb 26, 2010

Today is reckoning day for my goal to fit into the clothes that Matthew's great aunt gave me. The capris are size 16 with the exception of a 14 which must be a more expensive brand b/c it fit before the 16s did. A month ago I could have worn them, but they wouldn't have looked so good. Amongst the clothes were two size 12 Levi Jeans. I had no delusions about being able to fit in those any time soon. So, how'd it go you wonder? I was nervous. The first set of clothes I pulled out are stretch bermuda shorts. The waist was loose, but the legs were iffy. I could get away with wearing them, but they probably wouldn't be my first choice to put on. They're excellent for a hang-out-with-the-family day. The two capris fit well and were flattering. It's kind of nice to be in clothes that fit. One of my normal capris were falling down this week :)

Just for the heck of it I decided to try on the size 12 jeans. The first one I pulled out are size 12 relaxed fit Levi's. Oh My HECK!!!! THEY FIT!!!! and they looked pretty good too!! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited!! I took a pic in them so that I can have some sort of comparison. They fit but they could probably fit better. They're bordering the line of long term/all day wearing comfort if that makes sense, but I'd be willing to wear them in public. The other pair are size 12M Levi boot cut 551 (I think). They did not fit as well, but I can pull them up and snap them so it's still good. Again I took a pic so that I can have some comparison. I am so excited. Since that trial session worked so well I decided to try on one of the shorts I bought the summer I got down to 167. Success!! In fact, the one pair I tried on was just right, but headed to being loose. woohoo! I have a new wardrobe waiting for me now :)

My efforts to not use any weekly points is going really well. I'm trying to decide how vigilant I'm going to be tonight though. I'm going to a girls' night out and there's ALWAYS lots of yummy food!! It's a Mexican food theme, so I already have an idea of what is waiting to tempt me. Unintentionally I have 15 points for the rest of the day still (and it's already after 4), so I have enough points to enjoy myself tonight w/o weeklies. I need to decide though so I can have a game plan in mind. It really helps when I can calculate points ahead of time and input them in. It makes it so much easier to know how many points I'm spending before I even start.

Oh yeah, last night for the heck of it I weighed myself on my parent's scale. I knew I'd weigh more because it was the end of the day and because I was dressed to shoes, but to my great delight I was 170.5!! I am excited to find out what my final weigh-in will be on Sunday because I was 170 on Sunday's weigh in. woohoo!!

This has been a fantastic week in Operation Get Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment