Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mozzarella Pepperoni Bread

Mozz Pepperoni Bread LT02, 18, 2 pts

I don't have the dates for when I made this because I've made it several times. I LOVE this recipe!! It is so easy to make, and it really is only 2 points a slice!!

The first time I made it I bought a french bread loaf off the grocery store rack and cut it myself at home into the 1 in slices as the recipe directs. The second time I went back to the bakery and asked them if they could slice it for me, but to make sure that it didn't cut all the way through the loaf. She wasn't sure she'd be able to meet my request, but she did!! The slices ended up being more like 1/4 - maybe 1/2 inch in width. I loved having uniform pieces, but I discovered the problem with thin slices is that they get stuck together and tear really easily.

The boys didn't care for this type of pizza very much because the crust is so hard, but Matthew and I like it. I took it to a playgroup and it was a big hit amongst the adults there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment