Kale Tart
from Sparkpeople.com
Ended up making this for dinner tonight. She calls it a tart, but I call it a quiche though it didn't thicken up like one. The recipe calls for yogurt and I didn't quite have the 1/3 c. so I added a little bit of buttermilk to top it off to the correct measurement. I don't know if that made a difference in how well it set. I wondered if the eggs were actually done, but the dish was pretty hot when it came out of the oven so I think it just ended up being runny.
The recipe says any greens can work, so I did a bunch of kale and some spinach to even the taste and texture out. I decided to throw in some butternut squash too. If I had bacon I would have added it too. In fact, one of the boys even suggested that would have made a good addition to the dish. The flavor was amazing. I could have eaten more than my share.
The only draw back was that I didn't break the greens into small enough pieces. I just ripped the leaves into big chunks thinking it would wilt down as I cooked it. Unfortunately it did not work out in my favor and that was the worst part of the whole dish. It was amazingly delicious though and well worth doing :)
Friday, October 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment