Week 1 - 5 min warm-up 60 sec run, 90 min walk for 20 minutes/8 intervals
I decided to start the program over and work on speed. Apparently my journey has been an inspiration and several of my friends have decided to start the program as well. One of them is a sister who lives up the street from me, so I pressured her into running with me. We met at her house this morning and took to a trail around her neighborhood. Apparently she had facebooked me this morning to cancel but I didn't get the message. In the end she was glad b/c it turned out to be great weather for running. She has a little girl who turns one next month so she feels protective about being out in the weather (reasonably so).
I listened to my chubby jones podcast and she listened to pandora with a c25k program that tells her when to stop and go. We were about 5 seconds off of each other, which was fine, but then my program ended and she still had 2 intervals to go. I am not sure why the discrepancy, but I ran with it anyway. ha ha :)
I was able to keep a pretty good clip. I tried to measure the distance but couldn't find the trail on the satellite map. She said it was about .90 m each direction. I am curious how fast my pace was. I expect it was at least 4.5 mph, maybe even up to 5.0 mph. I hope that I can maintain a faster pace as the running intervals lengthen.
Monday, September 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment