Wednesday, October 2, 2013

C25K2 W1 D2/Summer Challenge Final Weigh-in

Week 1 - 5 min warm-up/cool down 60 sec run, 90 min walk for 20 minutes/8 intervals

1.45 mi/1.92 mi total

Today was harder due to a lack of sleep last night. On Monday as I was running with my new partner, I realized that the chubby jones podcast is short two running intervals :( She quits at 6 while the other c25k apps do 8 making a 5 minute difference in the overall program. I verified it today by simultaneously playing her podcast and a c25k app that would notify me at the interval changes. Unfortunately they weren't synchronized so she saying to run or walk while I was still doing the opposite, but I finished at exactly the startup of the next week's run (as in, the warm up for the next podcast finished as I finished the cool down). One of the things I LOVE about her podcast is her pep talks and countdowns. The app just gives an indication of when to change so I don't have the mental prep to know to when to slow down or speed up. I will have to tweak to see if I can get the programs to sync. The podcast plays as a music file so I might be able to go in and pause it or restart it while the app is playing. The advantage to this knowledge is that I think overall my performance will improve. I'll be prepared from the beginning to go the distance. 

Friday I will be running on my own due to an early appointment. I look forward to running the neighborhood and comparing my progress on familiar ground :)

**********

week 13 179.0
week 12 181.2
week 11 180.1
week 10 180.1 
week 9 182.3 
week 8 181.9 
week 7 182.3 
Week 3: 174.6 
Week 2: 175.9 
Week 1: 176.6

Yesterday was the final check-in for the summer challenge. I am finally headed in the right direction. I had kind of plateaued but broke the 180 barrier. *whew* Hopefully I can keep it up. The funny thing is that yesterday I even felt smaller, though I don't think it really is noticeable.

I am toying with the raw food idea again - at least more of a whole foods approach/more greens and different milk products (nondairy). I have coconut chunks in the fridge that I'd planned on making milk out of, but then was reminded about coconut butter and am debating which I want to do. In the meantime, I opened a can of coconut milk to use in my smoothies instead of regular milk and have almonds soaking to make almond milk. I miss the rich taste of the regular milk but it works. I don't know if it will be any more economical, but I like feeling self sufficient in that regard. 

Monday I felt so good after my run and decided to do a smoothie for lunch instead of my usual sandwich or leftovers. By the time Matthew walked through the door I was an emotional wreck. I'd had a rough afternoon with Jared and his homework and finally lost it when I put dinner on the table and Aaron complained that he didn't like any of the food. I had to put myself in time out. I think the smoothie for lunch was not enough to sustain me, and as a consequence, I was out of control. (Maybe that's why I dropped a couple pounds for my weigh in too ;))

Yesterday I had my usual smoothie in the morning then went to my scripture class. I had planned on running errands afterwards, but thought to call a sister who lives near the church to offer to help her with her kids. She has a new baby and two young ones at home. She took me up on the offer as her husband is out of town and only got two hours of sleep the night before. I needed to eat lunch before I tackled the task of entertaining the kids and fast food really didn't sound appealing. I had to do an errand at a grocery store so I browsed their deli/market section and felt like everything was over priced so ended up with fast and easy food: an orange and greek yogurt with granola. It did a decent job of holding me over the two hours I had with the kiddos before getting home and eating a snack. I was really craving the crunch of tortilla chips so I had some chips with eggplant salsa (yummy). I probably ended up over eating at dinner (coconut shrimp, wild rice w/ cranberries, and wax beans).

I have been thinking about going back to being truly accountable for what I stick in my mouth, but I've realized I spend more time thinking about food when I do. I am always in the kitchen trying to figure out what I am going to eat whereas now, for the most part, I eat and move on. For now I am working on adding variety to my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment