Week 1 - 5 min warm-up 60 sec run 90 sec walk for 20 minutes
Week 2 - 5 min warm-up 90 sec run 2 min walk for 20 minutes
Week 3 - 5 min warm-up 90 sec run 90 sec walk 3 min run 3 min walk repeat once
Week 4 - 5 min warm-up 3 min run 90 sec walk 5 min run 2.5 min walk repeat once
Week 5 Day 1 - 5 min warm-up 5 min run 3 min walk 5 min run 3 min walk 5 min run
Week 5 Day 2 - 5 min warm-up 8 min run 5 min walk 8 min run
Week 5 Day 3 - 5 min warm-up 20 min run
Week 6 Day 1 - 5 min warm-up 5 min run 3 min walk 8 min run 3 min walk 5 min run
Week 6 Day 2 - 5 min warm-up 10 min run 3 min walk 10 min run
Week 6 Day 3 - 5 min warm-up 25 min run
Week 7 Day 1 - 3 - 5 min warm-up 25 min run
Mon - 4.4 mph 1.85 mi
Wed - 4.3 1.79 mi/4.1 1.72 mi
Sat - 4.7 mph 1.94 mi
Week 8 Day 1 - 3 - 5 min warm-up 28 min run
Mon - 4.6 mph 2.14 mi/4.3 mph 2.80 mi with warm-up & cool down
Week 9 Day 1 & 2- 5 min warm-up 30 min run
Mon - 4.6 mph 2.28 mi/ 4.3 mph 3.02 mi with warm-up & cool down
Wed - 4.6 mph 2.30 mi/4.3 mph 2..96 mi? with warm-up & cool down
A few years ago when I was exercising regularly and lost all the weight, one of my favorite videos to do besides P90X was called Self Bikini Ready Fast (or something like that). We had it on netflix, but once we got rid of that service it also meant the end of the video. Every once in awhile I would look it up online, but wasn't willing to pay the $10 to order it. It is silly because we paid that every month for netflix and it would be cheaper just to buy the video. Anyway, I never got it. Until last week. There is a store here called $5 and Below. It's like a Dollar General or Dollar Tree in that it has a little bit of everything and $5 is the most anything costs. They have a little exercise section where they sell weights and other gear. I happened to see a small stack (like 6) of DVDs on a shelf and noticed one of them was this Self Bikini Ready Fast. It was one of those moments where you hear angels sing and fireworks go off... yeah. I happily purchased it for $5.
So yesterday instead of doing a P90X video, I did my 'new' video. *whew* I am sore today! The video is strength training with just a little bit of cardio (but they are plyo jump variations so perfect for my thighs!!) I woke up with my lower back and inner thighs muscle sore! I was a little unsure how this would effect my run, but decided to not think about it. I had an appt at 9:30 am, so I wanted to be out the door as soon as my boys were on the bus at 8 to be able to run and get ready in time for my appt. I would say that today's run was harder than Monday's, but at the same time I was able to really push it at times. In fact, the last 3 minutes I really pushed it and when I was down to the last 1 minute I felt a rush of energy and ran as fast as I could! I am not sure where it came from, but it came and I was happy for it. Of course, when it was time for the cool down I was slow as molasses, but oh well :) Overall my speed was the same as Monday, but I went just a tad farther in my run.
Since the 5k is on Saturday, I think I will take a break Friday to really rest my legs. I want to run across the finish line so I have been trying to figure out how to accomplish that when my running intervals aren't reaching 5K length. I have debated walking for the first 10 minutes and then switch to running for 30 minutes. I think I could do that, but I don't know. II could try to run to the end and not stop at the 30 minutes but I don't know if I could maintain it. It would be potentially another 10 minutes of running. I *really* liked week 7's music and have debated using it for the final run. The final song is so inspiring that I know it would help me get to the finish line, but I also really like the countdown and back slapping that happens on week 9 because we accomplished the goal. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
After realizing what a disservice I'd done to myself by not riding my bike anymore, I have ridden the last two days hoping to strengthen my muscles for Saturday. We haven't been on a ride since the weekend before school - now three weeks ago. It is amazing how quickly our muscles atrophy. Even Jared ended up having to stop to give his legs a break. Aaron's bike chain keeps falling off which is a huge inconvenience. However, I am grateful that we made it through the summer with it and have only had the issues since Matthew got back and school started.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck, Val!
ReplyDelete