Week 1 - 5 min warm-up 60 sec run 90 sec walk for 20 minutes
Week 2 - 5 min warm-up 90 sec run 2 min walk for 20 minutes
Week 3 - 5 min warm-up 90 sec run 90 sec walk 3 min run 3 min walk repeat once
Week 4 - 5 min warm-up 3 min run 90 sec walk 5 min run 2.5 min walk repeat once
Week 5 Day 1 - 5 min warm-up 5 min run 3 min walk 5 min run 3 min walk 5 min run
Week 5 Day 2 - 5 min warm-up 8 min run 5 min walk 8 min run
Week 5 Day 3 - 5 min warm-up 20 min run
Week 6 Day 1 - 5 min warm-up 5 min run 3 min walk 8 min run 3 min walk 5 min run
Week 6 Day 2 - 5 min warm-up 10 min run 3 min walk 10 min run
Week 6 Day 3 - 5 min warm-up 25 min run
Week 7 Day 1 - 3 - 5 min warm-up 25 min run
Mon - 4.4 mph 1.85 mi
Wed - 4.3 1.79 mi/4.1 1.72 mi
Sat - 4.7 mph 1.94 mi
Week 8 Day 1 - 3 - 5 min warm-up 28 min run
Mon - 4.6 mph 2.14 mi/4.3 mph 2.80 mi with warm-up & cool down
Week 9 Day 1 - 5 min warm-up 30 min run
Mon - 4.6 mph 2.28 mi/ 4.3 mph 3.02 mi with warm-up & cool down
Sunday morning I woke up and felt different. I felt good. Apparently a hormone release is what I needed and now I am back on track. Maybe the cold front that came through helped too. Once again I am waiting for comcast to make an appearance this morning so I couldn't dawdle getting out the door for my run which helped as well. Recognizing that last week was a flop in the run department and this week ends with my actual 5K, I wondered if it would be better for me to run for 28 min or just go on to week 9 and do 30. I started off on week 8 but then decided to just go for it and switched to week 9. And I did it! My legs were definitely feeling the lack of use, but it wasn't as hard as Wed on the treadmill. I didn't feel like I ever needed to walk for a break. It wasn't a piece of cake, but it was certainly doable. I think it helped that for the final 10 minutes she did a countdown so I could talk myself through each minute. I felt slow but I wasn't stopped and that's what counts :)
Monday, September 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment