Thursday, October 1, 2015

N) SISSY Weight loss contest

It is that time of year again. Instead of the usual annual Lettuce Eat Cake contest, Julie is trying a NO SISSY contest. Weigh in is every Thursday for 12 weeks. Each week you don't lose at least 1 lb, you owe a $1. If you don't lose at least .5 lb, you're out. The winner is the one with the highest percentage lost and gets the pot. We start today.

Weigh in - 169.8

I have been wanting to kick start my health habits, so this should help. I am attempting to follow the Trim Healthy Mama program. I was following it last year this time and was most successful once I cut dairy out of my diet. I added it back in for my birthday and haven't slowed down since. I am hoping that maybe I can try again but be more reasonable and not have to cut the dairy. However, I am prepared to do dairy free if I need to.

The basic premise of Trim Healthy Mama (THM) is that you separate your meals by 3 hours and into carbs (E or Energizing) and fats (S or Satisfying). As a general rule, the two fuels should not be combined. It is a whole foods, no sugar, eat until you're satisfied 'diet'. In place of sugar, stevia, xylitol, and erythol are recommended. I choose to use coconut sugar and monk fruit for my sweeteners though I will occasionally use stevia packets. Wheat based flours should be ground from sprouted grains or sourdough.

At this point I am not in 100%, but the basic premise of separating fuels and 3 hrs between meals is my goal.

As for exercise, we have been doing pushups and situps at the end of the day as a family. My arms and stomach muscles are getting stronger but my legs want to be strengthened too. I am dealing with a painful left heal (probably plantar fascias or whatever that term is) which makes it challenging. I bought new running shoes a couple of weeks ago and did not want to use them for every day use, but I broke them out today because something needed to change. It has helped my foot feel better to be in good shoes today. Now I just need to figure out how I will use my time to exercise.

So, for better or worse (hopefully better) time to up my game in all areas of my life!

Let's bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment