Thursday, October 1, 2015

Deep (cleaning) Thoughts

Wed, Sept 30:

As I was attempting to mop my house today with Peter trailing me and trying in his limited skills to help, but slipping on the wet floor and both of us getting frustrated instead, I figured there must be a lesson in this. Here is what I came up (and it's far from a perfect analogy) - How often does the Lord try to clean our living space but we won't let Him? He warns us of the danger and directs us to safety, but all we can think about is what we want RIGHT NOW. Sometimes we return again and again to the same muck because it's what we're comfortable with instead of what is best for us. Or in our limited knowledge we fail to understand what the Lord has in mind so we assert our own thoughts on the situation instead of trusting that the Lord knows what He is doing.The trouble is the Lord can't clean where we are standing until we move. When we listen and obey the Lord's guidance, we can see Him work in our lives and learn to trust His words. As we wait patiently 'on the carpet' for a time instead of walking on the wet floor where we could slip and fall, He cleans our hearts and homes and allows us to dwell in a better place in the end.

Thurs, Oct 1st:

How can someone have a really spiritual experience and still deny God (ie see an angel or other miraculous thing)? It's a consistency issue. Just because you cleaned your house really well one time does not mean it will stay clean. It requires consistent daily effort to maintain it.

*******************************************

In an effort to motivate myself to read the scriptures. I began a scripture study group. Today was the first day. There was a tremendous response of people interested, but in the end 9 adults were in attendance and four children (including my own). I think it will be a good thing. I'm already feeling more motivated to read and prepare for next week as well as to do my Sunday lessons. It has been a good umph to finish working on putting the house together too. The house looks pretty good at this point. Maintenance... that is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment