Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week in Review

So overall I think my week went pretty well and was very productive. Having the checklist on the fridge has really helped me keep on top of kitchen duties. I am a little wary of falling out of this habit, but I am hoping that we can get to a point as a family that when I start getting lazy the rest of the family will pick up the slack. It will be a slow process as everyone learns new habits, but I think it can happen.

This week I focused on getting the kitchen into shape, laundry under control, started on my room and cleaning the living room (which the boys and I did together on Saturday). They were supposed to do their rooms as well, but by the time we were done with the LR they were done. I told them I would do it for them during the week but they may lose things they value b/c I they have no value to me (like all the programs they take on Sundays to make paper airplanes). They said it would be ok, but we'll see. I have been wanting to do this for awhile but haven't had the energy or disposition to do it. Now that I am in cleaning mode it is much more likely to get done.

The "I'm proud I got this done list":

  • dusted the kitchen walls, cabinets and fan that have been bothering me
  • wiped off all the food splatters on the walls (also been bothering but not done anything with)
  • watered the plants in the living room
  • bought and put together an additional shoe shelf so all the shoes can actually fit now instead of being spread through the entry area
  • mopped my bathroom
  • washed my sheets and blankets
  • tackled the paper stack in the kitchen (much smaller but not completely gone)
  • vacuumed the couch
  • cleared out the floor area around our bed


So major tasks for this week are to clean the boys' room and mine. I want to be able to vacuum all the floors :) That is the ultimate goal so everything else leads up to it ;) I also need to get a better handle on meal planning.

Today my right knee has been bothering me to a point that it was really uncomfortable to walk. I am hoping it is a fluke and not related to any 'exercise' I've done recently. I am thinking of reaching out to acquire an exercise buddy otherwise it may never become a habit again soon. But I am almost to the point of desperation so I might get motivated on my own. It seems that my knees always feel better when my muscles get stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment