It is amazing how the middle of the week seems to be such a downer for my exercise lately - especially after having such great runs on Mondays. hmm
Yesterday the boys were out of school so I opted not to exercise though I really could have - even if it were on the treadmill or a 20 min video. Nope. Didn't happen. A cold front came through and by 9:30 this morning it was really just right to go run. Did I do it? Nope. Even though my legs were begging to be stretched out.
Ok, well, I finally listened to my legs opted to put out the treadmill and did the 20 min 6 mph program - just enough to watch episode one of season one of Duck Dynasty (22 min). Perfecto. As for the actual program, I decided not to do anything with the incline and just see how it went. I decided I'd rather focus on the speed aspect of it than mimicking the outdoors. The program has you walk for 3 min at 2.0 mph and then jumps to 3.0 for another 6-8 min or so and then jumps up .5 mph ever minute until you reach 6.0 then drops to 3.0 to cool down. In the past I start jogging at 4.0. I tried this time. I couldn't do it. It was too slow, so I walked it!! Wow, I never thought that would happen. I remember eons ago when 4.0 was too fast! Man how far I have come! I did end up cutting out on the 6.0 before the time was up and took it down to 5.5 for the last 30 seconds or so, but overall I am pleased with how it went. It was a nice fairly easy jaunt that got my heart rate up and has allowed me to not be a total exercise bum today :)
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment