Last night I talked to the boys about my 5K. I let them decide if I should run today or tomorrow based one whether they wanted to cheer me on or not. I should not have had any doubt that they would want to be there. They were so excited and full of questions: any one else going to race? (just me and ChiMax) how long will it take you? what is your fastest time? (50 minutes) do you need water refill stations? (I carry a bottle with me) who is going to win - you or ChiMax? (ChiMax. He'll be pulling me to the end).
So, it has been decided. Saturday, Nov 10th is 5K day. I plotted out my course and have started thinking about where my sets will hit. Because of a downed tree and power line on one of the streets I usually run, I have cut it out and added the one I normally avoid. I will have to take that street and the culdesac twice to get my 3.10 miles. My start is at the next intersection up and the end is just passed the boys' bus stop. I think it may take up to 8 sets. Maybe even 9. I hope I have it in me :p
I am curious how long it will take me. My 50 minute time was based on walking for 20 of them. I haven't done a full 3 miles since running for 3 min intervals because I wanted to be done sooner. I can feel my desire to keep this up waning :P
It snowed Tues night so the weather has had me a little concerned, but thankfully it has been warming up to the 50s during the day so the snow is melting. It does freeze at night and with all the water on the ground there is potential for ice in the morning. I think it will work out well for tomorrow though.
Friday, November 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment