Easter candy and family time posed a challenge this weekend too. But, I tried to be vigilant. I was pleased to see that my weigh-in yesterday was 164.2. I braced myself for another weight gain this morning though because that's what happened last week. And although my weight did go down this week for yesterday's weigh-in, it was only in ounces. So drumroll for today's WW Weigh-in..........
162.7!!!!!
The funny thing was that this morning I was going to compose a blog post entitled 'Thunder Thighs'. I will probably still do it because it is something that haunts me. It is nice to know that even though my exercising isn't great, I can still do something about my weight by controlling my eating habits. And I'm ecstatic that I feel so close to my weight loss goal. I don't think I ever really thought I'd reach it. I'm over half-way now. YAY!!
I was talking to friends about this effort, and I emphasized to them that this has been a LONG process even though they are only aware of the last three months - an over FIVE years process. Actually, I just realized it's been over six at this point. One of these days I'll finish my draft of 'From Here to There and Back Again' about my complete weight loss journey, not just this leg of it. But to give you a brief idea, almost two years before Jared was born I tipped the scales at almost 250 pounds. I was buying clothes in a 2X and some 3X when I went to work and couldn't eat all day.

I know myself well enough to realize that this will be a lifetime effort. I would fall right back into my old habits without the accountability of a food diary/WW. It's happened too many times before.
No comments:
Post a Comment