This morning I did CardioX for the first time in at least a week and a half. Wowsers I could tell! I was still able to make it through, but I was a sweaty mess where before I'd barely break a sweat. I cannot let another week pass before I do that again! I need to find a balance between P90X and other exercise. Perhaps a rotation would work, but a lot of the schedule depends on the weather and my exercise buddies' needs/wants.
The Lettuce Eat Cake weight-loss contest is coming to a close this week. I was looking back at my weight for the last almost 2 months. I'm 10 pounds lighter. I suppose 5 pounds in a month isn't too shabby, but I find myself feeling discouraged that I didn't lose more. I try to remind myself that 'slow and steady' wins the race though. It does no good to lose a lot of weight fast because it's much more likely that it'll just come back and double. Hm, in reflecting on this just now I realized that it's taken me 2 1/2 months to lose what I gained in 2 years. I think I can live with that :)
It is hard for me to imagine actually getting down to 150. I plan to succeed but brace for failure. I don't know if this really a good thing or not, but I recognize in myself that I will most likely not be able to maintain my weight without the accountability of WW. I often tell myself that once I reach my goal, if I quit WW I will gain about 10-15 pounds in 2 years - based on the my previous experience. And I am ok with that. Is that wrong?
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment