Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day wish

For Mother's Day I told Matthew I want a living room (ie boxes unpacked and space. We got rid of our couches and most of the other large furniture. I don't expect a couch for tomorrow, but at least a spot we could put one.) We are almost there!! We spent most of the early afternoon moving boxes to the storage unit and shed. There aren't as many boxes left, and we can finally fill the bookshelves (which will clear out a lot of the boxes that are left to unpack).

I started on the task of opening all the living room book boxes thinking this part would be just a matter of figuring out which box came from which book shelf. Unfortunately I was wrong. The packers mixed books that were on the book shelf with books that were already in boxes not to be shelved.... frustrating. My easy task has turned into another monster to fight, so I decided to give myself a much needed break and put my feet up in bed and hang out on the computer.

My overall feeling about the hiring moving/packers experience is that it really is a great help, but there's a lot of things that have been frustrating too (like them unpacking filled boxes and mixing them in other boxes or totes as well as not always labeling things clearly) Argh.

Anyway....

Matthew also wanted to take the boys to Ensign Peak today. I wasn't invited due to the breathing challenge just moving boxes poses ;) He told the boys I'd still be on the way up when they'd be ready to come down :) We went to a local park Thursday evening and walked their 2/3rd of a mile trail (uphill on one side) and it posed quite the challenge for me. I think it was pretty eye opening for Matthew too.  Between the altitude, my congestion, and the baby in my ribs I just don't have a lot of breath to work with (not to mention the waddle in my walk from a kinked back). On one hand I'm disappointed I didn't get to go with them, but on the other it really is wiser for me not to.

Wednesday evening I was concerned I was going into pre-term labor. I was having a lot of cramps and some stronger contractions. After eating dinner, I laid in bed and drank water the rest of the night. By the morning the contractions had subsided, but there was still a little bit of cramping feeling. I did a major shopping trip to stock up after dropping the boys off at school, then slept off and on throughout the day and generally took it easy (until Matthew got home and we hit the park.) Aside from being really tired the rest of the week, I think I've recovered from Wed's scare. It is quite the balancing act between putting the house in order and keeping my body in order :/




No comments:

Post a Comment