Monday, April 7, 2014

Wide Awake

I've been awake for the last 45 min or so. I had heard one of those boys get up and go to the bathroom and in my semi-conscious state then began dreaming about Aaron crying because he needed me. (He usually knocks on my door the same time in the middle of the night b/c he gets scared to go the bathroom by himself. Still. Although I think that is one of the ways his anxiety about moving manifests itself). There was no need for a helper this time, but I'd been aroused enough from my dream that I got up to potty and check on the boys. Both sound asleep :)

I knew as soon as I walked out of the bathroom though that my mind had been enlivened enough that sleep would be elusive. But, I laid in bed with my eyes closed and tried to sleep. Soon I was thinking of all the things that need to be done. And then baby started moving. Between the activity in my mind and little boy in my belly, I decided sleep was not going to come. It is unfortunate that doing something in my mind actually produces results. If it did, my fridge would be cleaned, totes moved, papers organized... man this move would be a piece of cake ;) Being awake in these early morning hours won't help me get much done either as I will spend the day tired.

I guess I ought to spend this time actually producing instead of just browsing facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment