Monday, January 27, 2014

40 Days Closer to Jesus Christ

"Forty Days Closer to Jesus Christ"

Day 1: Thought for the day: "Followers of Christ pattern their lives after the Savior to walk in the light. Two characteristics can help us recognize to what extent we follow Him. First, followers of Christ are loving people. Second, followers of Christ make and keep covenants." -Elder Walter F. Gonzales

We are reading 1 Nephi 1-10 
Mark and Ponder: 1 Nephi 3:7


************

Yesterday as I taught my Primary lesson, I thought of a reference to a story in the Book of Mormon, but my memory was foggy enough that I couldn't recall exactly what I wanted to (which I can usually do pretty well when it comes to the BOM stories). This morning I spent a good deal of time reading for my Old Testament class and though I am learning SO much, the days I am not reading from the OT to prepare for class I end up not reading at all. As I thought about my brain lapse yesterday, I thought that maybe I need to re-read the BOM and perhaps it would help in some other things that I am having difficulty with.

As I was catching up on Facebook, I noticed that the Relief Society in my TX ward were doing a challenge to read the BOM in 40 days. I recalled my earlier thought and wondered if I could accomplish it. A little bit later the above popped up. Apparently there is an actual 'study guide' to go along with the challenge. I think I need to take up the challenge. The thoughts go right along with our Stake and family goal to "love someone back" and be more Christlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment