28 min run/2.14 mi
Oh boy. It's like my running legs have switched off. It was so hard!!! I am not even sure I did the full 28 minutes because the phone I've been using had died so I couldn't keep track of the minutes very easily. I did the treadmill and tried to keep the pace at 4.5. I ended up going down to 4.0 and even walked a bit :/ I couldn't believe it. But, I have some theories:
1) I've gone from biking and swimming daily besides running to biking and running down to just running 3 times a week. I think my legs need that cross training.
2) I haven't been drinking my green smoothies in the morning so I'm lacking some nutrients to give me the energy I need. And besides that, I ran in the afternoon. I didn't eat much all day thinking I was going to run and wanted to drink my smoothie afterward. I would have been better off just eating and then running. I think I was running on empty.
3) I am not getting enough sleep at night. In fact, I crashed at 9:30 or so last night and still felt wasted this morning. It is tough getting used to sharing a bed after having my little pillow nest for the last three months. He isn't sleeping so great either so it's not just me.
I officially signed up for the Parkinson Alliance 5k next Sat. I sure hope it goes better than it did here yesterday!
Friday, September 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment