Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer challenge - vacation daze

I have no idea what week we are on...5 maybe? 6? I am on vacation and have not weighed in, although I did step on my parent's scale this morning and saw it read 180 exactly. hmm. I think I'll wait til I get back to my Wii before I pass judgment (though I have no doubt it is pretty close to accurate).

I appreciate a question a friend texted me before we left - What plans do I have to maintain my eating/exercise habits while on vacation? This simple query has kept me mindful of my goals over these lazy days. So, here is what I've done: Eat a lot of birthday cake, peanut M&Ms, Chickfila, and Tex-Mex. YUMMINESS! But, I have been exercising! Before I left I committed to a 28 day boot camp challenge through spark people to do a 10 min toning/strength training video 7 days a week. Last week was week 4 though I didn't complete it because I have been running three times a week and was worn out. I met a friend for lunch soon after arriving home, and she shared that her nephew signed the two of them up for a 5K in Sept and just started training. I told her that I'd started that too and didn't follow through so I'd be willing to train with her. Mon will be Week 3 for us of the Couch to 5K. I *hate* running for more than 60 seconds, but I feel so good the rest of the day. I hope that I can keep it up while we travel and then when we get home. This program will actually have me running the entire 5K not just a walk/run which would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment