Friday, April 5, 2013

Reflections...

I have made a loaded (LOTS of spinach and kale along with my fruit) green smoothie every day this week and have been impressed with how filling it has ended up being. I feel like I must be forgetting to add things to my food diary because I have so many calories left at dinner time. In fact, Wed I had well over 1000 calories so we went to a really good Chinese buffet for dinner. I am sure I went over my calories, but when we got home we did danced so we worked some of them off again ;) I tried to make some really healthy choices (like salmon) and veggies (though they were loaded with butter :P). I knew I was full by the end of my first plate, but when you're paying $14 to eat, I feel obligated to go back more than once.

Yesterday I opted to hit the treadmill for a quick workout in order to make it to a 10 am appointment. I was quite sore from the CardioX of the day before. I did the 4 mph program and was proud of myself because I made it through 3 minutes at the steep incline before I had to lower it during the run part.  Last time I lowered it at each 2 min interval. Once again I had 1000 calories left at dinner. We ended up having pizza but I ate a large salad before I dug into the pizza so I had one less slice than I thought I would.

Today I did not really feel like exercising.My muscles are still sore from my workouts earlier in the week and I was super tired, but I put on CardioX and did it anyway. I know that the areas that bother me the most won't change unless I do CardioX regularly. The program works and I feel good when I do it. I had to laugh at myself because the whole time I'd think, oh I'll just do this segment and then turn it off. Oh wait, I like this one. I'll do it and then I can turn it off - until there was only 10 minutes left and at that point it's to the core exercises which I really need and I might as well finish it.

I need to figure out an exercise routine so that every day I don't have to decide what I will choose for exercise. I think I may be more likely to end up quitting if I do. I am starting to think about how much time is invested in the exercise too which tends to put a damper on my motivation. I would like to do CardioX at least twice a week, but I enjoy the dancing too. Tues and Thurs I don't have as much time in the mornings so it would  make sense to make them treadmill days. So I am thinking maybe this schedule:

Mon - CardioX
Tues - treadmill
Wed - Just Dance
Thurs - treadmill (or walk outside)
Fri- CardioX

Maybe I'll try that next week and see how I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment