Friday, March 15, 2013

Feeling it

Yesterday I felt good. Surprisingly good. I realized I was being lifted up by the prayers being offered on my behalf. Thank you. Today I feel like I have the potential to feel just as good, but going to bed so late is more of a hindrance than anything else. I feel sluggish and tired.

I decided to look at my Loose Screws posts and interestingly, the talk I gave in January was pretty close to the top of the recent posts. I reviewed what I said, and realized the irony of the timing and the topic: exercising faith in the face of obstacles and challenges. At the time I reflected on my recent experiences with the move, but as I face this new challenge, I realize this talk was a gift for now as well. The message is the same - Forget yourself and go to work. Get out and serve others. "I lift thee, and thee lift me and we both ascend together."

There was a big change up in the visiting teaching routes and with the newness, I was excited to serve my new sisters. Last week I called everyone though only one answered the phone. My companion was sick with the flu so I had made chicken soup for her, but soon discovered my new sister was also sick. She happily accepted my offer to bring some soup over. I have not checked on her since though every day this week the thought has nagged at me to call my sisters again. I have been so into myself that I have neglected my stewardship. I waste hours as I constantly check facebook and my email hoping for interaction from others when it is *ME* who needs to do the reaching out.

So, I guess it is time to just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment