Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Another year has come and gone. As is well documented, I have been struggling with finding the balance and motivation to exercise, be a productive member of the household, and find joy in the journey. I had the privilege of going to North Carolina this last week. It was soothing and rejuvenating to be in a clean, bright and beautiful environment. I told my SIL I could use a good dose of OCD lol I was also able to get a copy of my beloved cardioX so no more of those excuses.  

It is time for the annual Lettuce Eat Cake contest.  The contest has been moved from the weebly web site to myfitnesspal which is similar to sparkpeople and weight watchers. So, I find myself committed to a program with no game plan. I snuck on to the scale while at my bro's house and got an actual number to my weight: 184 - as I expected. I need to figure out a schedule that I could work with - and a menu plan. According to MFP to lose 1 pound a week my daily calorie intake should be 1540. I would rather not eat than count calories :p 

I decided to look back at my blog for motivation and insight. I started Weight Watchers Jan 2010 at 180 pounds. Sounds familiar. By the start of the first lettuce eat cake contest on the 18th I was already down to 177. I had a few tools to help me - Matthew was on board and practicing along side me, we had a working digital scale, I was already working out and I had friends to workout with. It takes so much time and effort - and a great desire. I need the true desire :/ Anyway, my original point was going to be that if I did it once, I could do it again. I am in the same place physically. I need to get there mentally. I should start with a game plan:

*Find exercise partners. 
(Ranita, Carol, send email to ward members)
*Use a menu.  
(Either repeat my blog menu or do the diabetic cookbook bc it has breakfast, lunch, and dinner planned out.)
*Exercise at least 3 times a week. 
(Mon, Wed, Fri)
*Be in bed by 11 pm 
(Boys need to be in bed by 8:30 so I can go to bed - which also means dinner needs to be ready by 5 - 5:30 pm)
*Buy a food scale
*Prepare an exercise space

"Other" ideas:

*Try Flylady again 
(Apparently I need someone over my shoulder telling me what to do and when)
*re-introduce the chore chart
*make family rules prominent in the home
 (want discipline to be based on rules broken)
*have consistent FHE and family & personal scripture study
*make date night a priority (at least once a month)
*get a new tablecloth
(I hate having a tablecloth on the table, but that is the way this family rolls. So if I get one that is more neutral maybe I can see the dirt better and be more willing to keep it clean)
*sew Aaron's shoe & Jared's scout shirt

******************

My internet went out while typing this up, so I decided to save it offline and ended up creating a goal spreadsheet so I can check it off as I go along. I also 'got off the couch' (or bed in this case) and cleaned the bathroom and put the first load of laundry in. I also ate 3 cookies. It's balance, right? lol oh man I have a lot of work ahead of me! :)








 

No comments:

Post a Comment