I was itching to walk all weekend. I thought about going Saturday morning or even Friday afternoon because the weather had cleared up by then. But I didn't. Well, the boys and I did go for a walk but it hardly counted as much exercise and certainly not for my training. Today though, was the day. Game on.
I discovered the 4 min walk/1 min run done 5 times was perfect. It is basically what I have been doing but with more structure. It works well. I will do this 2 more times this week. My route was just shy of 2 miles. I used the stop watch on my phone to keep track which worked fine but it is clumsy. I need to figure out a better method and a way to keep track of my sets or I'm going to end up getting all confused.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a cross-training or a rest day. I think I will do my Chicken Fat video though I long for some plyo jumps. Maybe instead of pogo jumps I'll do plyo ;)
I tracked my effort on sparkpeople and decided to go ahead and make a lose weight goal though it really won't be something I work really hard at. We have no scale so I am unsure of my exact weight but it was pretty close to 180 when I got here. I may be down to 175 at this point but I said I am 180 anyway. I decided to let it tell me how long it will take if I lose 1 pound a week. By mid-April I should be back down to 150. If I lost 2 pounds a week I could be done by mid-January. Maybe I will get to a point where it will be a more serious effort, but for now this is good. I am hoping that my 5K training will make up for it.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment