I much prefer an 'in the moment' kind of post than a 'catch up' kind, but I feel that I must answer my own question about the Lord's word being true. In short, it was what He said it would be - as it always is when we put our faith and trust in Him. At this point the house saga is history and already fading in my memory because we've ended that chapter and moved onto the next.
Over the course of the last year our life and situation has been full of oddities, but each action has been a gift from God and the gift just keeps on giving. We are co-renting a house with another family from church. The opportunity presented itself just when Matthew's lease was ending and we needed to find a place for all of us. I visited in June to meet the family and figure out where we were going to live for the next year. We looked at a townhome that would have been great for our family - decent schools, good size home (basement, nice kitchen, fireplace, two bedrooms, two baths), decent price - but even so we felt that renting from this family was what was right for us. From the moment I arrived back home that weekend until we pulled up with our UHaul August 16th, I was in a stressed stupor. We unloaded our truck and filled the house with our stuff and all I could think was "and my father dwelt in a tent". I wondered how on earth we could possibly be happy in this situation (we have the downstairs two bedrooms and bathroom and share the living room, kitchen and basement.) As the furniture got arranged and the boxes unpacked, I began to see that this is doable. We've been here 4 Sundays now and I can honestly say that I am happy here. I can see how this is working and that it is a blessing for us. It is like a dance to balance each of our family's needs, but rarely do we step on each other's toes.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment