Chicken Turnovers
published in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p59
Ingredients
1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
Directions
In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; top each with chicken mixture. Fold dough over and seal edges.
Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 turnover equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
*****
Made May 22nd. I've had 2 tubes of crescent rolls in the fridge for awhile. Apparently when you get passed the sell by date they dry up and tear really easy. But, this worked to my advantage because then I ended up with little popovers just the right size for little fingers.
I did not use cubed chicken but a Member's Mark can of chicken, and I had to use 2 tubes of crescent rolls.
I really liked these and would make them again. It is a nice blend of flavors and really simple to put together.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment