I am in shock! Today and yesterday I actually managed to have points left at the end of the day to spend how I pleased. The difference? I changed my breakfast and lunch. I've been wondering if fruit has been part of my challenge in actually losing weight, so I decided to calculate my normal Kashi and fruit breakfast as a recipe instead of a meal. Oh boy!! All of a suddent those 3 free fruits (1/2 banana, 1 oz of blueberries, 1/2 peach) turned into 5 or 9 points!! No wonder!!
In the Lettuce Eat Cake contest, someone recommended a website/blog that encourages a transition into following the Word of Wisdom diet (way of eating). One of the healthy habits is to eat a breakfast cereal that has more fiber than sugar. So, I started being pickier about the cereals that I bought. Kashi GoLean fits that critera, and I happen to enjoy the taste. I stocked up on the GoLean, but there is only a week's worth of cereal in each box. As good/healthy as it is, that's an expensive habit. Another cereal I had bought was Kellog's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Berry Yogurt Crunch. It was on clearance and the sugar and fiber content are pretty comparable. So, Tuesday I had to decide if I'd open another box of Kashi or try the Berry Yogurt Crunch. I decided to go with the Berry Yogurt Crunch. Instead of racking up 7-9 points in breakfast, I was able to keep it down to 6. The Kashi alone is 4 or 5 points plus the 2 points for milk. The choice seems to have been a good one for now.
As for lunch, I've not been doing a sit-down meal but rather snack all afternoon on small point items. For example, today I had an apple, a light string cheese and piece of wheat bread toasted with honey. The other trick is to then be busy all afternoon so I don't think about food until I pick Jared up from school and start dinner! ha!
It was such a delight last night to have 7 points to spare. 7 points don't go nearly as far on the points plus program but, it was enough that I was able to make some nachos :)
Tonight i had 5 points and spent them on an apple with peanut butter (big waste of 3 points) and a tortilla.
Hopefully if I can keep this up by the end of the week we'll see a difference in the numbers on the scale *crossing fingers*
On an exercise note, I am loving my exercise!! I love the feeling of strength - especially in my arms while I play the piano. I've been thinking about buying P90X again and doing the entire program. I love doing the weights in my videos. I think I'd be willing to do those videos where before I wasn't. And I think I'm ready to tackle PlyoX again.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment