I'd like to say that we are officially out of diapers, but I can't really say that. Not officially because I still put one on Aaron at night. However, we are diaper free (and almost completely accident free) during the day. Even Jared made his goal to not wear diapers at night anymore. YAY! Aaron usually stays dry all night long too, but just in case we still put one on him. There's been a few times when I'm really glad I did!
At this stage in the game we are working towards Aaron going potty all on his own. We discovered this week that he is now tall enough to turn all the lights on and off by himself. YAY! We won't need to leave a light on in the bathroom anymore because he can reach the switch. Up until this week he's 'needed' help getting his pants down because he couldn't do it. I was tired of hearing him say, "I can't!" when he can get dressed forwards and backwards just fine, so I told him he was an 'I can kid' - just do it like you are putting your pajamas on. I walked him through it and all of a sudden he wasn't saying he couldn't anymore. YAY! Sometimes he still needs a little bit of help, but for the most part I can send him to go potty and he'll come back out completely done - including hands washed and pants on. woohoo!!
It is really weird to walk by the baby section and know that we don't need to buy diapers.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment