Sunday, June 27, 2010

Here we go again....

Well, I ran out of diaper liners so the CD are on the back burner. I should have just ordered some new ones because the price of 100 of those is the same as a package of 30 diapers. But, I didn't. So, we're in sposies for the time being.

Yesterday we had an interesting experience though that has set us back on the potty traing (PT) path. I sent Jared to shower in preparation for his trip to OK with Matthew. Aaron wanted to shower too, but I wasn't going to really help him in his efforts. He had gotten his shorts and diaper off by the time Jared finished in the tub, so he ended up spending some time just in his shirt. Oh he was so excited about being naked. Then all of a sudden he started pleading for a diaper. I recognized that he wanted the diaper to go potty in, so I told him that if he needed to go potty he had to go use the toilet. He still wanted a diaper, but once I offered him candy for using the toilet he took off without any complaint! Sure enough, he went potty in the toilet. The rest of the day he did pretty good too. We went over to my parents' house and I wondered how that would go, but he stood at the toilet and went with the no problem! YAY! We did go out in public, and though he tried to use the toilet, he just couldn't. I'm impressed he was willing to try at least.

This morning the first thing he said to me was that he peed in the bed - meaning he wet his diaper. He used the toilet a couple of times today, but he went in his diaper more. It'd be kind of cool if he were PT by the time Matthew and Jared get home, but I doubt we'll be that successful. And actually, now would not be the best time to be PT because we're having a huge road trip at the end of July. Aye that could make for a longer drive if we have to stop and take him potty that often. We'll see though. This is about the time that Jared got potty trained too.

No comments:

Post a Comment