In case someone out there is just dying to know what's going on in the diaper world (because that's what Moms talk about all the time, right?), here's an update:
After two days of bad experiences in public, I went back to putting Aaron in a diaper with making a few trips to the bathroom here and there. And I was right about potty training and piano lessons not mixing. Monday afternoon Aaron told me he needed to go potty (during a piano lesson). Jared was in the bathroom too, so I figured it would be ok because Jared is usually really good about helping him out when he needs it. Unfortunately it didn't work out quite so nicely and the poor little girl got traumatized by Aaron's lack of modesty. In fact, I rather think Aaron fed off her covered eyes and cries of embarrassment. ah boys. Proud of their parts.
Our bribe for Aaron is candy. So, every day I have this conversation with him:
Aaron: I'm hungry for candy.
Me: Well, if you want candy, what do you need to do?
Aaron: Potty in the toilet, get candy!!
Me: That's right. If you want to get candy you need to go potty in the toilet.
Aaron: Need to go potty. Get candy!!
It works like a charm, I tell you. Although, funny thing is he went potty 4 times the other day and never did get any of his candy. We got distracted in the process of getting dressed again and never remembered to reap the reward.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment